Website Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
Full time (1.0 FTE), Term Status, Communicative Disorders Assistant position with the Language Express Program within the Clinical Services Department of the Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark District Health Unit. This term position starts November 27, 2023 until July 7, 2025.
$50,104.60 to $54,327.00 annual salary, plus 13% in lieu of benefits and 6% in lieu of vacation.
Under the supervision of a Speech-Language Pathologist, the Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) provides a range of interventions to preschool children with speech and language delays/disorders. The CDA will also facilitate parent/caregiver participation and a parent training approach to promote the development of early communication skills. This position reports to Catherine Robinson, Manager, Language Express Preschool Speech and Language Program, Clinical Services Department.
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in a Communicative Disorders Assistant Program;
- Demonstrated experience with a range of preschool clients and their families with communication needs including children with developmental delays and Autism Spectrum Disorders;
- Experience working with clients and their families in groups and individually, providing parent training and consultation, and giving presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, flexibility, leadership and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills, with the capacity to relate to clients of different needs, cultures, and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Current immunization in accordance with Health Unit Policy;
- Vulnerable sectors criminal record check;
- A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of insurance
- Certification in “SPARK Communication ™: coaching Parents to Use Hanen Strategies” preferred;
- Experience with Augmentative/Alternative Communication Systems preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with tele-practice approaches to intervention preferred.
To apply, please submit applications outlining how you meet the above qualifications to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.