Website Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
The Educational Assistant – Speech Language Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of speech-language pathology services for students with communication needs in regular or Life Skills classrooms as assigned and supervised by a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) in compliance with Board policies and procedures. This includes direct and indirect intervention in accordance with the specific goals established by the supervising SLP, training of school board staff in conjunction with the SLP, participation in multidisciplinary team meetings as requested, and creation of language, literacy, articulation and communication materials. The Educational Assistant – Speech Language Assistant communicates with parents in order to collect consent, send materials, demonstrate, and explain the program as delivered. The Educational Assistant – Speech Language Assistant ensures accurate records and forms are maintained for each child.
· High School Diploma plus College Diploma in Communicative Disorders Assistant Program;
· One to two years’ experience in Child and Behavioural Development, working as a Communicative Disorders Assistant or related field;
· Ability to model language facilitation strategies and the use of visual materials, communication devices/systems to members of a classroom educator team upon request of the SLP
· Ability to implement, troubleshoot, and support Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) tools
· Excellent verbal skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent time management and organizational skills;
· Excellent skills in tact and diplomacy in work with school community;
· Proven ability to work in a highly confidential manner;
· Capable of working in various settings;
· Understanding of programming within broader school context;
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs;
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle in order to travel and provide service throughout the district
The board is seeking candidates who demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Planning and Organization
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a Criminal Background Check (CBC) with vulnerable sector screening current within six months of date of hire and must complete a Covid-19 Vaccination Disclosure, regardless of vaccination status, as per Government requirement and School Board Protocol.
Application and Requirements:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume quoting the job posting number in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing date: January 7, 2022 by 4:00 p.m.
While we thank all those who have applied, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (A.O.D.A.) the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.