Website Affiliated Services for Children and Youth
Affiliated Services for Children and Youth (ASCY) is responsible for the implementation of the Early Words/1ers mots, Preschool Speech and Language (PSL). The Communicative Disorders Assistant is an integral member of the Early Words team operating under the guidelines of the Early Words system and is directly accountable to the Manager of the Early Words Preschool Speech and Language System and the Director of Child and Youth Services of ASCY, in conjunction with the Executive Director of ASCY.
Reports to: Director of Child and Family Services
Location: 1425 Cormorant Road, Ancaster, ON
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30 with flexibility to occasionally work outside of regular hours (37.5 hours per week)
Wage: $23.00/hr. – $29.75/hr.
Purpose: This position will provide support to the Preschool Speech and Language program
- Organize clinical waitlists of children recommended for intervention by the SLPs
- Provide educational strategies and materials to parents to support their children in sessions and at home
- Develop and provide group and individual intervention programs addressing numerous communication areas which may include: phonology, receptive and expressive language, motor speech, social communication, and others as required
- Deliver parent-child based Hanen interventions (e.g. SPARK, 4”I”s to Socialize)
- Support the development of new treatment initiatives (e.g. Music for motor speech)
- Develop and provide parent/community education sessions
- Create/prepare materials for all team members to use during treatment sessions
- Create/prepare materials for parents to use during home practice
- Provide services in person and virtually
- Other duties as required
- Self-schedule clinical appointments, adhering to agency expectations of number and length
- Work with colleagues on organizing clinical services and coordinating support for families
- Maintain records and use the Electronic Health Record accurately and in a timely manner
- Complete case notes accurately following each session
- Complete clinical reports at the completion of direct intervention
- Collaborate as required to the entry and reporting requirements of the Healthy Child Development – Integrated Services for Children Information System (HCD-ISCIS)
- Adhere to the protocols, policies and procedures of Early Words and ASCY
- Attend professional development as required due to changes in provincial protocols or as deemed required by the PSL Manager
- Participate as a contributing member on any committee(s) as designated by the Manager of the Early Words Preschool Speech and Language Program
- Other duties as required
- Degree or diploma from a Communicative Disorders Assistant program
- Access to transportation and, if applicable, a valid Ontario driver’s license and current motor vehicle liability insurance on their vehicle
- Proficiency in a second language considered an asset
- 1 year of experience working with preschoolers preferred
- Preschool placement during CDA training required
- Experience working in a health care facility with other health care professionals (preferred)
- Excellent clinical skills with preschoolers and their families
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
If you are interested in the above-outlined position, please submit a cover letter and resume by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 13, 2023 to:
Affiliated Services for Children and Youth (ASCY)
526 Upper Paradise Rd., Unit-A
Hamilton, ON L9C 5E3
ASCY is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience..
Please note: Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
All staff at ASCY must be fully vaccinated. We follow all PPE polices such as masking, social distancing and sanitizing all areas.
- The position description outlined above indicates the general nature and level of work expected.
- It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required by the incumbent.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.